We are excited to announce the Snapping the Stiletto: Essex Women’s History Festival. The FREE event will take place on Saturday 9th March 2019 at the University of Essex Business School, Wivenhoe.
The event, organised in partnership with the University of Essex, will bring together stories of inspirational women from around the county, as well as including a range of hands-on activities. Like the rest of the project, the festival is focussing on the hundred years since the Representation of the People Act 1918.
We would like to include as many people as possible in the event, so have launched our call for content. We are looking for:
- 20 minute presentations about individuals or groups of Essex women
- 8 minute “lightning” presentations
- “Craftivism” art or craft activities
- Introductory digital “maker” demonstrations
- Display stands/exhibits for relevant organisations
- Other – if you have an exciting idea that’s not included above, we still want to hear from you
More information and an application form can be found here.
If you want to hear more about the festival, including when tickets become available, you can sign up to our mailing list.